2013 Annual Town Census Is Underway In Tewksbury
Census provides information to assure that the town receives its’ fair share of state and federal funds and grants.
Town Clerk, Denise Graffeo, would like to remind residents about the importance of returning the Annual Town Census form to the Town Clerk’s Office, as soon as possible. Graffeo explains that a prompt and accurate census is very important.
- The Census provides information to assure that the town receives its’ fair share of state and federal funds and grants.
- It is also used for calculating veterans’ benefits, housing for the elderly and other related veterans and elderly benefits.
- The census information serves to provide: proof of residency to protect voting rights and to maintain the voting list, preventing needless delays at your voting precinct. Any previously registered voter who has not returned their 2013 Census will be added to the Inactive Voters List and therefore, by law, will be required to fill out an Affirmation of Current and Continuous Residence form and provide identification to prove continuous residency in the Town of Tewksbury.
- The school census provides projection for future enrollments and related benefits which allows school administrators to apply for additional state and federal funds and grants.
- Allows college students to apply for lower tuition at all Massachusetts State Colleges and provides proof of residence. By law we can only certify that you live in Tewksbury if you are listed in the census records. Owning property is not used for proof of residency.
- For the convenience of dog owners, you will find a dog registration form attached to the bottom of the census form. By state law, all dogs six month of age or older must be registered.
- Your cooperation in returning the census as soon as possible will prevent us from having to do another costly mailing. If you are a new resident or if you do not received a census form, please notify the Town Clerk’s Office by phone at 978-640-4355 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org