5 Things You Need to Know, Friday, Nov. 2
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person scheduling a dentist's appointment after wolfing down all that Halloween candy.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your weekend off to a flying start and to help make you the smartest person sipping on an Egg Nog Latte.
1. Your Local 3-Day Weekend Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there is a slight chance of showers after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 54. West wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 35. Northwest wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday A slight chance of showers after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 52. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. West wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Just got our power back about an hour ago. Biggest issue we had with Natl Grid was the lack of any timeframe. Yesterday at 3 pm a worker showed up at the work site to "babysit" (his word) the wires. Seems crazy that someone sat there for hours in his pickup not able to actually do anything. We also were in touch with the town manager and were very impressed that he kept us up to date and returned my husband's calls. Very grateful now to be able to take a hot shower and cook a hot meal." reader Patty, commenting on the story, "National Grid Says Power Should Be Restored to Most by Midnight Thursday."
3. It's Happening Today: The Tewksbury High girls soccer team is in playoff action. The Redmen are on the road to take on Wayland High in the first round of the Division 2 North Sectional. Game time is 4 p.m.
4. It's Happening Today, This Weekend: Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. is the Annual Krochmal Cares for Kids Fundraiser over at Krochmal Farms. This is an awesome annual event and 100 percent of the proceeds go to the family of a child that is battling a life-threatening illness. There is food, music, games, animals, silent auctions and raffles ... fun for everyone. And all for a great cause. Click here for more information!
5. For You Meat Lovers: Our friends over at J&B Butchers, 1555 Main St., are having their annual Customer Appreciation Sale this weekend. Saturday and Sunday, you can get 20 percent off your entire order.
And Remember: Don't go grocery shopping ... until you have checked out the specials and printable coupons from your favorite supermarkets and pharmacies. Check out the Tewksbury Patch Grocery Page by clicking here.