5 Things You Need To Know Today, Monday, Nov. 19
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in the coffee shop.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Thanksgiving Week off to a flying start and to help make you the smartest person who just got back from vacation -- oh, wait, that's me!
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 48. Light northeast wind.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. Calm wind.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. North wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
2. Water Shut Off In Tewksbury Neighborhood -- A section of Tewksbury will be without water from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. today as part of the East Street water main replacement/improvement project. Impacted homes are located on East Stret from Karen Lee Lane to Whittemore Street. Also, all of Royal Crest Circle is included. If you have any questions or problems, you are asked to call Jim Parker at 978-815-3496.
3. Quote of the Day: “Five years ago I wondered if we could ever do this, three years ago Heather and I discussed it, two years ago Emily joined us and today it is a reality.” Tewksbury's Rose Ryan, talking about her business partners and their business, "Body Infusion By H.E.R."
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "Jason, as a conservative, I had to hold my nose and vote for him during the last governor's race. I thought he was very petty throughout that campaign and carried himself poorly. It was obvious when the voters spoke to give Patrick another term." Reader Brian, commenting on the story, "TELL US: Who Should Run For Governor?"
5. It's Happening Today: Tiny Tykes Story Time will take place this morning at 11 a.m. a the Tewksbury Public Library. For children ages 0 to 18 months. Older siblings are always welcome! Come get your early literacy skills on! Stories, songs, fingerplays, and simple movement make this the perfect class for fostering an early love for learning and reading, as well as early socialization skills. Plus grown ups get to meet other parents in the area.
No registration required.