5 Things You Need To Know, Wednesday, Nov. 7
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person who is relieved Election 2012 is now in the history books.
Here are five pieces of information designed to help get you over the hump on this Wednesday and to help make you the smartest person getting an extra dose of caffeine this morning after a rather late election night.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today there will be a chance of rain and snow before 3pm, then rain. High near 43. Breezy, with a northeast wind 11 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 8pm, then snow between 8pm and 10pm, then rain after 10pm. Low around 35. Breezy, with a north wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Patchy fog after 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 43. North wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night A chance of showers, mainly before 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 34. North wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
2. Quote of the Day, Part 1: "If you take Tewksbury and you take Wilmington, they don’t buy into dirty campaigning. I’m not going to be humble like I’ve been in the past. I’ve been in politics since 1963 and this guy is the dirtiest individual I’ve ever run against in my life. But the problem was he couldn’t find anything bad. And what he couldn’t find, he’d make up. We overcame that and I appreciate that." State Rep. Jim Miceli, D-Wilmington, after easily defeating Tewksbury Doug Sears to win his 19th term in the State Legislature.
3. Quote of the Day, Part 2: "We will continue to fight for our local aid, openness and transparency on Beacon Hill and rolling back taxes.” State Rep. Jim Lyons, R-Andover, after defeating Barbara L'Italien to win a second term in the State Legislature.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "In this and in all elections I find it funny and not so much at the same time the fact that 1 side will lie/stretch the truth/exaggerate and then will scream and shout when the other side does the same thing. Both sides do it. The worst part no matter what side most are on, they believe their own lies while not believing the other sides truths because they are on one side. And it goes both ways. I wonder what an honest campaign would look like. My guess is that I will never know." Reader Joe L, commenting on the article, "Final Tewksbury Election Results 2012."
5. It's Happening Tonight: Tewksbury Sons of Italy Family Pasta Night. The new Tewksbury Sons of Italy Chapter will be hosting a Family Pasta Night at The Knights of Columbus, 2068 Main St, Tewksbury, starting at 5pm. Cost is $10 for adults, $5 for children 3-12 yrs. All are welcome and tickets can be purchased at the door.
And Don't Forget: Editor Bill Gilman will be on WCAP AM980 at 8:10 a.m. this morning talking with Teddy Panos about Tuesday's Election results.