5 Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 17
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person working for the weekend.
Here are five pieces of information designed to kick-start your weekend and to help make you the smartest person who thinks the Red Sox put the "fun" in "dysfunctional."
1. Your Local Weekend Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Light south wind becoming southwest 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Saturday A chance of showers, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. West wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Sunday A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61.
2. Get Him To The Church On Time: Congratulations to David Gay, chairman of the Tewksbury Board of Selectmen, on his recent engagement! We have no doubt that he and Cheryl will enjoy a lifetime of happiness together.
3. Reader Comment Of The Day: "As you know John starting a business is never easy. Hopefully we will last longer than El Polo Loco but you never know in business. Our goal is to provide a great product to the people of Tewksbury with a great atmosphere. As a business owner I could only hope to have the same success as the Pushcart has in Tewksbury all these years. I have eaten at the Pushcart many times and have always enjoyed it. I wish them nothing but continued success." Ken Mackey, co-owner of Orange Leaf, commenting on the story, "Orange Leaf Ready For Tewksbury Grand Opening."
4. It's Happening Today: Red Cross Blood Donation Drive at Tewksbury Hospital, 365 East St. Donation types include double red cells and blood. Walk-ins welcome. Appointments honored. All presenting donors receive a t-shirt.
5. Weekend Getaway Guide: Heading out of town this weekend? Wondering about the events and activities going on in the resort town you are visiting? Check out these Patches for everything you need to know!
And Don't Forget: If you are taking a road trip, you want to know the least expensive place to fill your tank. Check out the latest gas prices in Tewksbury by clicking here.