5 Things You Need to Know Today: Friday, Aug. 31
Bits of knowledge to help you the smartest person braving the traffice to head to the beach this weekend.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get the last weekend of summer (and where did THAT go?) off to a sizzling start and to help make you the smartest mother actually going into labor this weekend.
1. Your 4-Day Labor Day Weekend Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 93. West wind 8 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms between 11pm and 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 82. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 55. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Sunday Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.
- Labor Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "To be fair I have been almost hit many times when using crosswalks.....yelled at, cars have swerved around me, and at least 15 cars pass by before I can cross (including police) when waiting at a crosswalk." Reader Jessica Sampson, commenting on the story, "Pedestrian Injured When Struck By Car On Main Street."
3. It's NOT Happening Today: There is no school today for the Tewksbury Public Schools. And parents, don't shake your child out of a dead sleep shouting, "Why aren't you awake? You're going to miss the bus!!" Because that would be, you know, cruel. Really, really funny ... but cruel.
4. Circle The Date: On Saturday, Sept. 1, there will be an Eagle Project Fundraiser Car Wash at the First Baptist Church of Tewksbury, 1500 Andover St, Tewksbury. It's just $5 to have your car washed. But seriously, it's for an Eagle Scout project. A little extra would be nice. The car wash runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
5. Weekend Getaway Guide: Heading out of town this weekend? Wondering about the events and activities going on in the resort town you are visiting? Check out these Patches for everything you need to know!
And Don't Forget: If you are taking a road trip, you want to know the least expensive place to fill your tank. Check out the latest gas prices in Tewksbury by clicking here.