5 Things You Need To Know Today, Friday, Dec. 14
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person working for the weekend.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get you a jump on the weekend and to help make you the smartest person at the lunch wagon.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weekend Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 46. Southwest wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 38. North wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night Rain and snow likely before 1am, then rain likely between 1am and 5am, then a chance of freezing rain after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "During the holiday season the only way we can show what kind of community we are is to give back more than anyone can take. This man volunteered endless hours and did great things in our community. I hope everyone can stop by and make a donation to help this wonderful family. I know my wife and I will be there." Reader Mark, commenting on the story, "Family Robbed During Father's Wake, TJ Callahan's To Help Out."
3. It's Happening Tonight: The weather forecast is terrific for this evening, making it a great night to go to the LIVING NATIVITY at the Assembly of God Church on Andover Street. If you haven't been to this event before, it is really a "must-see" as part of the Christmas season. There is a section to drive through and areas to walk around, interacting with characters from the Biblical account of the Birth of Jesus of Nazareth. The event runs from 6 to 8 p.m. both Friday and Saturday evenings. The event is free of charge.
4. It's Happening Tonight, Part 2: Looking or a "date night" for you and that special someone? Check out Dinner & A Movie: Hope Springs at the Tewksbury Public Library. The event begins at 7 p.m. and is free to the public. Co-Sponsored by the Friends of the Tewksbury Public Library and the Tewksbury Lions Club. Attendees must enter and exit the building through the Meeting Room doors. Event is intended for adults. Well-behaved teens welcome too!
5. Redmen In Action: The Tewksbury High boys basketball team will play its home opener tonight against the Methuen High Rangers. Tap-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. in the TMHS gym.
And Don't Forget: Do NOT go shopping -- not until you print out the amazing coupons and specials from local supermarkets and pharmacies on the Tewksbury Patch Grocery Specials Page. Click here to save big on your grocery bill!