5 Things You Need To Know Today: Friday Dec. 23
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person wondering if it might not be better for everyone in the long run if you left out a veggie platter and bottled water for Santa on Christmas Eve.
Here are five pieces of information designed to start your long holiday weekend with a "Ho-Ho-Ho" and to help make you the smartest person starting their Christmas shopping, ummmm, now.
1. Your Three-day Holiday Weekend Forecast: Rain, mainly before 10am. Patchy fog before noon. High near 41. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. North wind between 6 and 9 mph.
Saturday: Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 29. North wind between 6 and 8 mph.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 18. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Christmas Day: Partly sunny, with a high near 39. South wind between 3 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
2. It's Happening Today: Christmas Service at Tewksbury Congregational Church at 7:00 pm, 10 East St, Tewksbury.
3. Quote of the Day: "We have been very lucky in the past. We have decorations all over the school. It's disappointing that they would target an elementary school." Heath Brook Principal Rosamond Dorrance, talking about the theft of Christmas decorations from her school.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "We needed another traffic stop at that corner of Shawsheen and Main like we needed a hole in the head." Reader Marc, commenting on "Where Is Tewksbury's Newest Dunkin' Donuts?"
5. Don't Forget: You Still Have Time To Enter Your House and Vote In the First Round of the Patch "Deck The House Contest." You can win $500 for your December electric bill and the Tewksbury Schools can win $100,000.