5 Things You Need To Know Today, Monday, Dec. 31
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at your New Year's Eve party.
Here are five pieces of information designed to help you usher in the New Year and to help make you the smartest person in line for take out tonight.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- New Year's Day Sunny, with a high near 34. West wind 7 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 5. West wind around 7 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 6.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I'd rather have Ronald McDonald "reporting for duty." Reader 'Hedley Lamarr', commenting on the story, "Who Do You Think Should Run for Kerry’s Seat?"
3. It's Happening Today: Tiny Tykes Story Time is scheduled for today at Tewksbury Public Library. There are two sessions, one starting at 10:15 a.m. and the other at 11 a.m. For ages 0 to 18 months. Older siblings are always welcome! Have a great time with other babies while reading a story, enjoying music and gentle movement and, of course, bubbles! No registration required.
4. We'll Miss You Dick: Tonight will mark just the second time since 1972 that the legendary Dick Clark will not be in Times Square counting down the final seconds to another New Year. Clark, who passed away earlier this year, began producing his "New Year's Rockin' Eve" 40 years ago. The only New Year's he missed was in 2004 when he was recovering from a stroke.
5. By The Numbers: 5.5 percent. That's the current unemployment rate in Tewksbury, according to the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development.
And Don't Forget: Are you unemployed, under employed or just want a new job? Explore thousands of job openings in the Merrimack Valley by checking out the Tewksbury Patch Jobs Page. Click here.