5 Things You Need To Know Today, Friday, Feb. 1
Bits of knowledge to help you be the smartest person working for the weekend.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your weekend off to an early start and to help make you the smartest person atthe gym.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be partly sunny, with a high near 34. West wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday A chance of snow, mainly after 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
2. It's Happening Today: Looking for some affordable entertainment for a good cause? TYSA presents "Jim Plunkett" is scheduled for tonight at 7 p.m. at the Tewksbury Country Club. Tickets are just $20. The event is a major fundraiser for the Tewksbury Youth Skating Association.
3. It's Happening This Weekend: Tewksbury Celebrates STAR WARS! on Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Tewksbury Public Library. Calling Star Wars fans of all ages -- adults, teen and children (ages 5 & up; all children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult)! Come enjoy all things Star Wars at our first annual Star Wars Symposium! Experience this fun event that more than 2,000 children, teens and adults in Massachusetts are already raving about! The morning will include:
- Star Wars Expert: Star Wars expert Peter Struzziero will be on hand to give his popular presentation and answer all your questions.
- Star Wars Trivia: Test your Star Wars knowledge in a game of trivia -- a prize will be given for most correct answers!
- Star Wars Costme Contest: Feel free to dress up like a Star Wars character -- a prize will be given for best costume!
- Star Wars Show & Tell: Bring your Star Wars toys and collectibles to show off -- a prize will be given for best item!
- Star Wars Photo Ops: Members of the 501st New England Garrison, a Star Wars costuming fan club, will be on hand with their authentic-looking costumes to pose with fans! Learn more about the 501st here: http://www.501neg.com/.
Limited to 100 seats. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Call 978-640-4490 x 205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "I believe it would be embarrassing and detrimental to our property values in having a marijuana shop in Tewksbury.. after a smoke shop and a Gun Shop." Reader BK, commenting on the story, "Selectmen's Notebook: Resignation Forces A Change To April Ballot."
5. By the Numbers: $4 million -- That is how much a 30 second ad costs in this year's Super Bowl. Anyone have any spare change?