5 Things You Need To Know Today, Friday, Feb. 15
Five bits of Tewksbury knowledge to start your day.
Here are five pieces of information designed get your Friday off to a fast start.
1. More snow? Maybe on Saturday. The National Weather Forecast as it stands now calls for today to be partly sunny with a high near 50, and tonight, mostly cloudy with a low around 26. On Saturday, snow is likely before 2 p.m., then rain in the afternoon before changing back to snow in the late afternoon.
2. Early release day. Tewksbury Public School students get to start their February vacation early, with all students being released after a half day of school today.
3. Friday Morning Lecture Series: The History of Air Force One. At the Tewksbury Memorial Library at 10 a.m., join Jerry Selissen, Hanscom Air Force Base retiree and former Tewksbury Selectman, as he explores the history of Air Force One in a slideshow presentation just in time for Presidents Day.
4. Ryan School Winterfest tonight. The event is open to both 5th and 6th graders tonight from 5-8 p.m. The cost of admission is $10 and includes a slice of pizza and drink and all activities.
5. Author Visit this weekend. Meet author John Fiske as he discusses his latest book, The Pilots' Guide to the Airports of Historic Massachusetts, including some talk about Tewksbury's very own Tew-Mac airport. Learn more about the book and author here:http://www.johnfiske.com/. Book signing after the talk. Limited to 100 seats. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Call 978-640-4490 x 205 or email email@example.com to register.