5 Things You Need To Know Today, Friday, Jan. 18
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your class.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your weekend off to an early start and to help make you the smartest person in your office.
1. Here is Your Special 4-day Holiday Weekend Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 27. West wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 20. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow showers before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Southwest wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Sunday A slight chance of showers between 10am and 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- M.L.King Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I wish my kids were little again!! Have fun everyone and let's hope this business thrives and provides a safe place where kids can go and have funnnn!!!!" Reader Marie, commenting on the story, "PHOTOS: Merrimack Valley Pavilion To Open Friday."
3. It's Happening Today: Who doesn't like frozen yogurt? Indulge your sweet tooth and help the music program at Tewksbury High with the Orange Leaf Fundraiser for TMHS Band. The TMHS Band is having a fundraiser at the Orange Leaf in Tewksbury from 5pm to 11pm to help raise money for our trip to Hershey Park in May. 15% of the net profits will go to the band.
4. Reader Comment of the Day, The Sequel: "A one percentage point hike is essentially a 20% increase in the state income tax collected. With the exception of some type of catastrophe in this state that would just be feeding the beast even more. In spite of all the resources we continue to put into our educational system it's been on a gradual decline for decades. One contributing factor to that decline could be an increase in the number of students showing up at first grade who cannot speak english." Reader Zoltan, commenting on the story, "Patrick: We Need to Increase Income Tax to Invest in Our Future."
5. Quote of the Day: "I did it." According to Elaine Spencer, that's what murder suspect Michael Ferreira told her and some friends regarding the Johnny McCabe Murder in 1969. Click here for all the latest on the Michael Ferreira Murder Trial.