5 Things You Need to Know Today: Friday, June 24
Bits of knowledge to help you be the smartest person at your breakfast table.
Here are five pieces of information to help you be the smartest person in your carpool.
1. Today's Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be mostly cloudy. Showers likely... mainly in the afternoon. Areas of fog. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Showers are likely tonight ... mainly in the evening. Areas of fog. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the evening. Lows in the upper 50s. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
2. By the Numbers: 183. That's the number of Tewksbury senior citizens served by the Home Care Program run through the Council on Aging. The program offers Meals on Wheels, transportation, adult day health, etc.
3. It's Happening Today: Calling all Gleeks!! There is a Gleek Party for teens from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Tewksbury Public Library.
4. Quote of the Day: "My articles are not about making new friends they are an
attempt to protect the country that most of us love. Seventh graders will never
be asked to take a sex survey by this writer. And I will always speak-out
against school systems that think that conducting sex surveys of seventh
graders is a good idea. They are corrupting innocent minds and parents and
grandparents have every right to be outraged." Blogger Don Ordway, in his first blog posted on Tewksbury Patch.
5. Circle the Date: Whitey Bulger has been arrested after 16 years on the lam. Want to know more about Bulger and his Winter Hill Gang? Jay Atkinson will be at the Tewksbury Public Library to discuss his book - "Legends of Winter Hill" - on Wednesday, July 20 at 6:30pm. Register by calling 978-640-4490 x 205 or visiting the library's online calendar of events (www.tewksburypl.org).