5 Things You Need To Know Today, Friday, March 15
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person on the bus.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to help you fare better than Julius Caesar on the Ides of March and to help make you the smartest person at your company.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today we will see increasing clouds, with a high near 41. West wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Tonight A chance of rain and snow showers before 9pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 9pm and 10pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 25. West wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Light northeast wind.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 5 to 13 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
2. Did You Know: In the Ancient Roman Calendar, March 15 was known as "The Ides of March" and was the subject of many religious observances. On this date in 44BC, Roman Emperor Julius Caesar was assassinated at a meeting of the Roman Senate. The event, and the phrase "Beware the Ides of March" became immortalized in the Shakespeare Play, "Julius Caesar."
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "Bob, Good evening sir. Thank you for taking the time to explain your interpretation. I must be getting on in years and don't have the mind that I once possesed. I have re- read, thought, re-read some more, pondered, and re-read again. I can't seem to find the meaning or understanding that you have but that is ok. I don't understand the White House plan for redistribution of wealth either. I wish good luck to both candidates and am thankful that they do campaign for elected positions." Reader Cecil Moore, commenting on the story, "Candidates for Selectmen, School Committee To Square Off In Debate."
4. It's Happening Today: It's Dewing School Bingo Night at the Dewing School, 1469 Andover St. Family Bingo Night from 6-8pm. This is not a drop off event. Admission is $2.00 which includes one card. Additional cards are $.50. This is a great family event!
5. It's Happening This Weekend: A Community Pancake Breakfast will take place on Sunday, March 17, from 10 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Tewksbury VFW. Proceeds to benefit LiamNation. $6.00 donation at the door per person or a $5.00 with a non-perishable food item for the Tewksbury Food Pantry is requested. Kids under 3 eat free with a non-perishable food donation as well. Breakfast will consist of pancakes, waffles, sausages, topping station with syrup, coffee, tea, and juice drinks. This will also be an opportunity for families to sign up children for the Liam Nation Spring Sports programs.