5 Things You Need To Know Today, Friday, March 8
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person working for the weekend.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your weekend off to an early start and to help make you the smartest person at the party.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today there will be snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 36. Breezy, with a north wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Night Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 26. North wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 43. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
2. Quote of the Day: "I want to thank all of Tewksbury for their generous donations and my friends for helping me out with the drive. I'm looking forward to collecting even more next year!" Katelyn Wentworth, thanking those who helped the local Teens for Jeans Drive collect 182 pair of jeans for families in need.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "As a resident of South Tewksbury, I think closing the South Station for even one day is unacceptable. This should be the last thing the town does to save money not the first. They need to focus on encourage and entice businesses to stay in Tewksbury. In by doing so, this will help bring in revenue to help support critical services like the South Station, its staffing and even the Police Department." Reader Tony, commenting on the blog post, "Follow Up on Running the Fire Department Like a Business."
4. It's Happening This Weekend: Tewksbury Boys Basketball Registration. Registration for the 2013-14 season will take place this Saturday, March 9, at TMHS. This is for all divisions of the program. Costs vary by division. You can also register online at the TBBL web site. Coaching volunteers needed!
5. It's Happening This Weekend, Part 2: Salon1475 Cut-A-Thon to Benefit Ryan Middle School NYC Field Trip. Join the staff on Sunday, March 10to benefit the John F. Ryan Middle School 6th Grade Class as they raise money for their field trip to New York City. The Salon, located at 1475 Main St., will be open on Sunday offering specials for Wet Cuts and Wash, Cut, & Blow-dry. Also, Salon1475 will be donating the proceeds from the Cut-A-Thon to the Six Grade Class’ field trip to The Big Apple! For more information please call Terri at The Salon at 978-640-2575.