(UPDATED) 5 Things You Need To Know Today, Friday, Nov. 9
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person working for the weekend.
(Correction: In the original version of this story, it was incorrectly reported that the auction tonight at the Tewksbury Country Club would benefit the Tewksbury Schools. In fact, the auction tonight will benefit T.H.E. Farm. We regret the error and apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this caused.)
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your weekend off to an early start and to help make you the smartest person pointing your car in the direction of Vermont and looking to get in some early season skiing on this 3-day Veterans Day Weekend.
1. Your Veterans Day Weekend Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 50. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 51. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around 40. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
- Veterans Day Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 67.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Noelle is a wonderful person, and her choice of a tattoo only adds to my respect of her!" Reader Denise, commenting on the story, "VIDEO: Youth Librarian Noelle Boc Talks About Her New Tattoo."
3. It's Happening Today: Tewksbury High is holding its annual Veterans Day Ceremony today at 9 a.m. in the school gymnasium. The event is open to the public.
4. It's Happening Tonight: The Auction/Dinner to benefit the T.H.E. Farm is taking place tonight, starting at 6:30 p.m. at the Tewksbury Country Club. Tickets are $40 apiece.
5. And About Those Ski Conditions: Okemo (10-18" base) and Killington are open in Vermont and Sunday River is open in Maine.