5 Things You Need to Know Today: Friday, Sept. 14
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person working for the weekend.
Here are five pieces of information to get your weekend started a bit early and to help make you the smartest person at the party.
1. Your 3-Day Weekend Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 80. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 4am. Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 58. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A chance of showers, mainly before 7am. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 71. Northwest wind 7 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 44. West wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 68.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 44.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Well, that answers the question as to why his family didn't bail him out." Reader Lori, commenting on the story, "Waltham Man Makes Bail Then Allegedly Tries To Kill Relatives."
3. It's Happening Tonight: The Tewksbury High football team will travel to Haverhill High tonight looking for their first win of the year, as they take on the Hillies. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
5. In Case You Missed It: Or ICYMI, as the political campaigns like to say. Tewksbury hosted a wonderful 9/11 Candlelight Vigil this week. If you didn't get a chance to attend, click here to check out this report.