5 Things You Need to Know Today: Friday, Sept. 28
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your neighborhood.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your weekend off to an early start and to help make you the smartest person at the ball game.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weekend Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today we will see rain, mainly after 11am. High near 56. Light east wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 1am, then rain likely. Low around 51. East wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain or drizzle. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain or drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. Light north wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain or drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
2. It's Happening Today: Tired of problems with bullying? Then stop by the Bully Prevention Seminar today at 5 p.m. at the ATA Black Belt Academy, 361 Main St, Tewksbury. The Bullying Prevention Open House is FREE and...
• Kids will know what to do when a child bullies them. Parents will learn what they need to do!
• You’ll learn to recognize potential dangers and what to do if bullying turns to violence.
• Leave with the confidence that your child will also help those who are bullied.
3. It's Happening Tonight: The Tewksbury High football team is 1-2, but they could just as easily be 3-0. Both losses have been heartbreakers. Tonight, the Redmen face a serious test on the road at Lowell High. Kickoff is at 7 p.m. at Cawley Stadium.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "What a breath of fresh air!!! Rick, kudos for trying to hold our elected officials accountable, they are after all, looking out for the Town and us. Great points, lets add the former Caldwell Banker property on Main st, the owners need to buff that place up, vacant or not, its a disgrace! We need to get a handle on the doings of this town, I appreciate what Mr Gay is trying to do with trying to get businesses to move to town, along with others. Lets open the book and all get on the same page....I see a future for you Rick, could it be a challenge to sit on the BOS ? You have my vote! Remember Tewksbury elected officials, "All politics, is local"......" Reader Michael Adams, commenting on the Blog Post, "Great Blogs Doug...."
And Don't Forget: DO NOT GO GROCERY SHOPPING THIS WEEKEND -- until you check out the amazing deals and coupons you can find and print out to use at local supermarkets on the Tewksbury Patch Grocery Page. Click here to start saving!