5 Things You Need to Know Today: Friday, Sept. 7
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person who can't wait for the start of the high school football season.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your weekend off to an early start and to help make you the smartest tailgaiter in the parking lot.
1. Your Local 3-Day Weekend Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, we can expect patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind around 6 mph.
- Saturday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Light south wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Saturday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Showers likely, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of showers, mainly before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. By The Numbers: 10.2 percent. That was the percentage of Tewksbury's 20,899 registered voters who took the time to participate in Thursday's State Primary.
3. It's Happening Tonight: The Tewksbury Youth Football & Cheerleading - Spaghetti Dinner Kick Off will take place tonight at the Tewksbury Lodge of Elks, 777 South Street. The event starts at 5 p.m.
4. It's Taking Place Saturday: There are two big events taking place on Saturday that you won't want to miss. From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., the public is invited to tour the brand new Tewksbury Memorial High School on Pleasant Street.
Also, the Tewksbury High Redmen kick off their 2012 season at home against always-tough Lincoln-Sudbury. Game time is 2:30 p.m. at Doucette Field.
5. Reader Comment of the Day: "Calling the police on a ceramic statue. You've got to be kidding me. Even if it was a baby deer, what beyond referring you to animal control or similar are the police going to be able to do about it?" Reader Sarah, commenting on the story, "Police Put Out 'Code Red' For Help Finding Burglary Suspect."