UPDATED: 5 Things You Need To Know Today: Monday, April 30
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in the cafeteria.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your week off to a flying start and to help make you the smartest person at your breakfast table.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 62. West wind around 7 mph. Monday Night: A chance of showers, mainly after 2am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 42. South wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tuesday: Showers likely, mainly between 8am and noon. Cloudy, with a high near 51. South wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Tuesday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 44. East wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.
Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48.
2. It's Happening Today: Do you have ideas about improvements that need to be made to the school buildings in Tewksbury? Then you will want to attend the School Facilities Study Committee Meeting tonight at 6:15 p.m. at Dewing Elementary School, 1469 Andover St. (Editor's note: Superintendent of Schools John O'Connor has pointed out that this is not a sit-down meeting with the public. The committee will be touring Dewing at 6:15 p.m. and then touring North Street School at 7:15 p.m. to get a sense of the current state of the buildings.)
3. It's Also Happening Today: Have you always wanted to learn something new? This class might be for you. How To Pastel Paint Optically With Color with Gregory Maichack will be offered at the Tewksbury Public Library at 5 p.m.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "Let me get this straight here please, all of you democrats out there want all of us out here to vote for a man to represent our district in all fiscal matters in washington DC who did not know his own wife was illegally laundering six million plus dollars in illegal gambling profits. Could someone please call the Guinness book of world records, I believe we have found a new definition of the word insanity." Reader Lexi, commenting on the Blog Post, "Congress Should Pass Responsible Bill to Prevent Student Loan Interest Rates from Doubling, Not Political Attacks on Women."
5. Just A Few More Days To Vote In The Battle Of The Bands!: The battle is oh, so close and there are just a few days left to vote in the regional competition. Which bands will represent the region in the state final? You have the power to decide. Watch the videos and vote for your favorite.