5 Things You Need To Know Today, Monday, Dec. 10
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person braving the malls.
Here are five pieces of information designed to make your Monday a little less Mondayish and to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today we will see rain. Patchy fog. High near 56. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Showers, mainly before 3am. Patchy fog before 11pm. Low around 38. South wind 6 to 9 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
2. It's Happening Today: The Green Committee is scheduled to meet tonight at 6 p.m. at Town Hall. For their full agenda, click here.
3. By The Numbers: 14. Oh, come on, you know what that number means. You just don't want to think about how little time left you have to get your Christmas shopping done.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "Time to send a message to these thieves that come into Tewksbury and prey upon our property. Recently they are all from other towns targeting us. We all need to have a watchful eye for each others homes in these times. Enough is enough! Kudos to the police for apprehending these criminals but unfortunately they won't do any real time. The cycle of crime will continue with no shortage of low life's who could care less about anyone. Mandatory 10 years for breaking and entering in my opinion, that might be a start to slow this crime." Reader John Smith, commenting on the story, "Burglary Suspect Arrested Twice In Two Days."
5. Dewing and North Street Go Italian!: Please join the Dewing and North Street schools on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, December 10, 11, and 12 at Capellini's Italian Restaurant in Tewksbury. Bring your family for a great meal (or take-out) and the PACs will receive 15% of every check (before tax) for the schools! Just mention that you are there for the North Street/Dewing Fundraiser! www.capellinisrestaurant.com Capellini's Italian Restaurant, 896 Main Street, Tewksbury, 978-851-7271.