5 Things You Need To Know Today, Monday, Feb. 18
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person on your team.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your week off to a flying start and to help make you the smartest person at the coffee shop.
1. Your Local 3-Day Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 31. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20. West wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow before 11am, then rain likely. Increasing clouds, with a high near 45. South wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain and snow before 2am, then a slight chance of snow between 2am and 3am. Patchy fog before 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. South wind 8 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "It is sick what these 2 did...that is what drug addiction does...it is the devil....it steals your soul...it ruins everyone around you's spirit as well as the addict. I hope someday the government will seize the opportunity once and for all about DRUGS and all the problems that it has caused! Educate your children, and those with young kids, educate yourselves now, before it might be to late. We can not get ride of drug dealers, but we can definitely educate." Reader MsJennie, commenting on the story, "Pair Arrested In Connection With Burglary Of Grieving Family's Home."
3. It's Happening Today: Another outstanding Author Visit today at the Tewksbury Public Library. Today's focus is "The Lincoln Letter" with William Martin. The event begins at 7 p.m. and is free to the public.
4. Something You Might Not Know about President's Day: There has long been some dispute over Washington's actual birth date. According to the Gregorian (Modern) calendar, Washington's Birthday is Feb. 22. However, prior to 1752 (and at the time of Washington's actual birth), the Julian calendar was used. And according to the Julian calendar, his date of birth is Feb. 11.
5. And Another Thing You Might Not Know: Connecticut, Illinois, Missouri and Mew York still recognize Lincoln's Birthday, Feb. 12, as a state holiday. Alabama, meanwhile, ignores Lincoln completely and celebrates today as "Washington and Jefferson Day."