5 Things You Need To Know Today, Monday, Feb. 4
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in the coffee shop.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to make your Monday feel a little bit less like Monday and to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 8 to 18 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13. West wind 8 to 17 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday A chance of snow showers, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
2. Quote of the Day: "I've worked in Tewksbury my whole life. If (you enjoy success) and you can't give back to the community then shame on you." Tewksbury developer Marc Ginsburg, talking about an award the Tewksbury School Committee is creating in the name of his family for their generosity and partnership with the Tewksbury School Dept.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "How about having the town employees pay more for their health insurance and no 2% pay increases. We employees in the private sector pay more each year for our health insurance. We don't get pay increases just for being employed. Why does this town continue down the same path each and every year? It's time to change your wasteful spending Tewksbury. It's time the town employees suffered a little in their wallets. Town services shouldn't be cut. Town employee pensions and health benefits should!" Reader Mike T, commenting on the story, "Montuori Unveils $88.2 Million Budget For FY2014."
4. It's Happening Today: The Tewksbury Republican Town Committee Meeting is scheduled for tonight at the Bunting Club in Lowell at 7 p.m. Don Ordway does not plan to seek re-election as Committee chair.
5. By The Numbers: 31. That's how many goals Amanda Conway of the Tewksbury/Methuen girls hockey team has scored thus far this season. For the record, she has scored that many goals in all of 14 games. That's a Gretzy-esque 2.1 goals a game. Oh yeah, and she is only a sophomore.
And Another Thing: Do you have the day off today and are looking for something to do? Try today's Monday Morning Matinees: How The West Was Won (1963) at the Tewksbury Public Library. Showtime is 10:30 a,m.