5 Things You Need To Know Today, Monday, Jan. 7
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your week off to a flying start and to help make you the smartest person in the cafeteria.
1. Your Local Three-Day Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 33. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Light and variable wind.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 44. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Wednesday A slight chance of showers after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Last year I had a heart attack when I noticed the 20% increase in my property tax. Now another increase?? And what do we have to show for it? East Street might as well be a dirt road it's in such bad condition...I'm embarrassed by it when friend and family have to drive on it to visit me. And like Mike T said, we have no sidewalks or nice town center. It's not a nice looking town. Maybe all the money went to the beautiful police station, senior center and high school? That's nice and all but what about the young couples with no kids that have to struggle to foot the bill for all of this and get NOTHING out of it?? I live in a condo and pay more in prop tax than most people I know pay on their houses in other towns. My husband and I are house hunting and have firmly crossed Tewksbury off the list. The town officials will be sorry when people like myself start leaving and other's don't want to move here because of the outlandish tax rate." Reader Becca Bell, commenting on the article, "2013 Tax Rates by Municipality: How Does Tewksbury Compare?"
3. It's Happening Today: The Planning Board is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m. in Town Hall. A complete look at their agenda can be found by clicking here.
4. It's Also Happening Today: The Historical Commission is also scheduled to meet tonight. That meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Tewksbury Public Library.
5. Tewksbury High Athletes Honored: We want to give a shoutout to Tewksbury High seniors Nicole Chaet and Derek Petti. The Redmen stars were recently names Tewksbury High's Top Athletes for 2012 by The Town Crier newspaper. Chaet plays basketball and soccer, while Petti plays golf and hockey. Well done and well deserved!!
And Another Thing: Do NOT Go Grocery Shopping -- At least not until you have checked out the local coupons and specials on the Tewksbury Patch Grocery Special Page. We've got coupons from stores like CVS, Hannaford, Stop and Shop, Walgreen's and many more. Save big money each week on groceries. Click here to start saving.