5 Things You Need To Know Today, Monday, March 18
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your house.
Here are 5 pieces of information to make your Monday feel a little bit less like Monday and to help you be the smartest person in the coffee shop.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 36. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Snow, mainly after 2am. Patchy fog after 5am. Low around 29. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Tuesday Rain, snow, and sleet before 4pm, then rain likely between 4pm and 5pm, then rain and snow likely after 5pm. Patchy fog before 9am. High near 38. East wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Tuesday Night Rain and snow showers likely before 10pm, then a chance of snow showers. Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday A chance of snow showers before 3pm, then a slight chance of rain showers between 3pm and 5pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers after 5pm. Patchy fog before noon. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
2. It's Happening Today: The Tewksbury Recycling Committee will be meeting tonight in the Tewksbury Public Library at 6:30 p.m. For a look at their agenda, click here. The Historical Commission will also be meeting in the Trustees meeting room of the library at 6:30 p.m. For a look at their agenda, click here.
3. By The Numbers: 248. The number of consecutive years New York City has hosted a St. Patrick's Day Parade.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "This has put a kink in my plans to open up a combination gun, liquor, marijuana, and cigarette megastore." Reader JoeBill, commenting on the story, "AG Says Towns Can't Ban Medical Marijuana, Tewksbury Officials Push For Delay."
5. Oh Yeah, And Another Thing: So you thought Winter was over did you? That day in the 50s last week lull you into thinking spring was here? About ready to make a pair of groundhog earmuffs? Yup, more snow on the way Monday night into Tuesday. Looking like about 6 inches for the Merrimack Valley.