5 Things You Need To Know Today, Monday, March 4
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in line at the coffee shop.
Here are five pieces of information designed to make your Monday feel a little bit less like a Monday and to help make you the smartest person at your breakfast table.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWs, there will be a slight chance of rain and snow showers before noon, then scattered rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow showers before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow showers after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Northeast wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow showers before 1pm, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Globalization and outsourcing had more to do with the decline of manufacturing than unions. Of course, once the multinational companies found out how much cheaper labor was/still is in China, the game was over." Reader DannyBoy, commenting on the story, "Unions May Be Key to U.S. Senate Race."
3. It's Happening Today: Main Street Pizza Dine Out Night. Dine in or take out from Main Street Pizza on March 4, 5 or 6 from 4-8PM and 20% of your bill will be donated to the North Street and Dewing PACs.Main Street Pizza 1268 Main St., Tel: 978-858-0332 or at www.mainstreetpizza.net
4. It's Happening Today, Part 2: The Cinderella story of the Tewksbury/Methuen girls varsity hockey team continues tonight. The Red Rangers, in their first varsity season, have a chance to reach the Division 2 North semifinals if they can get past St. Bernard/Gardner. The game will be played in Watertown at Ryan Rink starting at 7:15 p.m.
5. And Another Thing: Two dates to keep in your mind. Tuesday, March 26, Tewksbury Patch will be hosting its third annual Candidates Night at Tewksbury Country Club. And then on Monday, April 1, Tewksbury Patch and the Town Crier will be joining forces to sponsor Board of Selectmen debates at the new high school auditorium. Details will be published soon.