5 Things You Need to Know Today: Monday, Sept. 10
Bits of knowledge to help you be the smartest person in the coffee shop.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your week off to a flying start and to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be partly sunny, with a high near 70. North wind 8 to 16 mph.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 47. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 73. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 48. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 79.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 54.
2. Quote of the Day: "As talented as (Eddie) is, he's also a great kid. And he is as hard of a worker as there is on this team." Tewksbury High football Coach Brian Aylward, talking about senior Eddie Matovu, who returned the opening kickoff of the season for a touchdown in the Redmen's 15-12 loss to Lincoln-Sudbury.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "We just got back from the tour at the "new" High School. The place is wonderful! The turn out when we were there at 11:00 was fantastic. And when we were leaving around 12:00 just as many people coming in. Wish we could have that many citizens to get out and vote! The High School kids of this town are so lucky to have such a beautiful new school with modern conveniences. I am very proud of my town for building this school." Reader Kathleen Brothers, commenting on the article, "Public Invited To Open House Saturday At New High School."
4. It's Happening Today: The Tewksbury High field hockey team is in action this afternoon at the Livingston Street Field against North Andover High. Game time is 3:45 p.m.
5. By The Numbers: 5,000. That's the estimated number of residents who streamed through the new Tewksbury High School during Saturday's Open House. By comparison, just 2,109 Tewksbury voters participated in the State Primary on Sept. 6.