5 Things You Need to Know Today: Monday, Sept. 24
Bits of knowledge to help you be the smartest person walking around growling at everyone today because of last night's game.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Monday off to a flying start and to help make you the smartest person in cyberspace.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, we will see increasing clouds, with a high near 66. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 43. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 71. Light southwest wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Wednesday A chance of showers, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers, mainly before 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
2. It's Happening Tonight: The Planning Board is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. Included on the agenda is a public hearing on the Zoning Bylaw changes being put forth at the Oct. 2 Special Town Meeting. For a complete copy of the agenda for the meeting click here.
3. It's Happening Today: The Tewksbury High golf team is hosts Chelmsford High for a match at Trull Brook. The match starts at 3:30 p.m. The Redmen volleyball team is also in action, playing host to Central Catholic at the THMS gymnasium at 5 p.m.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "What I am struggling to figure out is since when is tampering with other peoples paycheck not a federal crime? You ask some of you employees to lie about the hours they actually worked.. Yet they needed to pay federal and state taxes against that money...Not to Mention LYING to IRS regarding their comet tax. Then you handed over the padded hours (CASH) of pay to your boss so he could give CASH to his son without paying any taxes.....and your telling me he didn't break any Federal or State laws and he is only being charged with larceny under $250 and ethics violations under the State's Conflict of Interest laws SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG WITH THIS WHOLE PICTURE!!!" Reader Patch Fan, commenting on the story, "Patterson Pleads Not Guilty To Larceny, Conflict of Interest."
5. Quote Of The Day: “We did some things to get back in the game and then we did some things to let them back in it,” said Redmen head coach Brian Aylward, after his Tewksbury High football team lost on Saturday to Billerica, 34-26.
And Don't Forget: Check for the latest coupons and bargains every day by visiting the new Grocery Specials page! Click here to check it out and start saving.