5 Things You Need to Know Today: Thursday, Aug. 16
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at the watercooler.
Here are five piece of information designed to get your Thursday started off on the right foot (or the left foot ... for those of you who are left footed) and to help make you the smartest person who did NOT win $320 million last night.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there will be a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 9am. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 62. Light southwest wind.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 89. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Saturday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.
2. Help Make Callie A Winner: Reader Chelsea LaMarche posted this on our Facebook page yesterday and I'm glad to pass the request along to all of you.
"I entered my daughter (Callie) in a Demoulas photo contest and she made the finals! If you'd like to support a local Tewksbury resident, vote for her! She's photo #8!!" http://www.mydemoulas.net/vote/
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "Amazing!! Hope I'm doing that in my 80's!!" Reader Trish Bourne, commenting on the story, "VIDEO: 83-Year-Old Great-Grandmother Enjoys Zipline Adventure."
4. It's Happening Today: Kumon Math and Reading Center of Tewksbury, which recently closed its doors, is in the process of selling off furniture, including tables and chairs, from its location at 1721 Main St. They will be there from 9 a.m. to noon today, as well as additional days this month.
5. Just Two Days Left!!: There are just two days left to vote in the Tewksbury Patch Best of Patch Readers' Choice Awards! We have some hotly contested balloting in the some of the 25 categories. Clearly, some of these battles will come right down to the wire. Remember that you can vote once per day in each of the categories.
Here is one more look at the 25 categories being contested:
Health and Beauty
Food and drink