5 Things You Need to Know Today: Thursday, Aug. 2
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person who actually knows the rules of competitive badminton.
Here are five pieces of information designed to begin your Thursday with a smiles and to help make you the smartest person in the 12-items or less line at Market Basket.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be there will be scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 87. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Thursday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7pm. Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Friday Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 94. West wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 71. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Saturday Isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I saw the car when it was being loaded up on the flatbed, and considering its condition, I was sure whoever had been in it hadn't survived. I'm happy to hear the driver survived, even if injured. Wishing her a speedy recovery." Reader Iakling, commenting on the story, "One Injured As Crash Ties Up Traffic On 495 For 17 Miles."
3. It's Happening Today: Go for the Gold at the Olympic Games Party at the Tewksbury Public Library, starting at 11 a.m. Come celebrate the Olympics at this party! You'll make your very own medals to wear, and then compete in events like long jumping and relay races and other fun games. Everyone will win!
4. It's Also Happening Today: The New High School Building Committee is scheduled to meet tonight at 6 p.m. at the John F. Ryan School. Curious about where the high school project stands now that it is on the cusp of completion./
5. And Don't Forget To Help the Tewksbury Schools: The Tewksbury schools are still trying to win up to $10,000 in supplies by finishing in the top 5 of the Avery School Supply contest. Click here and vote for the Tewksbury Schools to help them win!