5 Things You Need To Know Today, Thursday, Dec. 6
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in the checkout line at the supermarket.
Here are five pieces of information designed to start your Thursday with a song in your heart and to help make you the smartest person in your house.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Calm wind.
- Friday A slight chance of showers after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Southwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of showers before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. Quote of the Day: “I’ve always felt that if a town was good enough to live in, it was also good enough for your business.” Liz Cleaves, on why she moved her business, Auntie Dog Training Studio, back to Tewksbury.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "Why don't they just move the police station along or near 495 ? Seems that's where the crime hot spots manifest from . Everyday it seems in that area along 38 and 495 criminal activity takes place . Good job T.P.D !!!! I believe an even stronger police presence should be in that area." Reader BM, commenting on the story, "Couple Arrested For Selling Coke Outside Home Depot."
4. It's Happening Today: The High School Building Committee with Three School Committee Members in Attendance will take place tonight at 6 p.m. at Tewksbury High School in a first floor classroom.
5. Military Dream Wedding Giveaway: In the spirit of giving this holiday season, The Bridal Center, located at 1 Main St. in Andover, will be making one military couple's wedding dreams come true. the store is inviting all engaged military couples to send in a one minute video blog with their story. The Bridal Center will determine the top 3 finalists. Their videos will be posted on our YouTube page. The couple that receives the most video likes will win the grand prize. All videos must be submitted by Saturday, December 15. Click here for more info.