5 Things You Need To Know Today, Thursday, Feb. 21
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person on your block.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get Thursday started on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person who is soooooooo over winter.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be partly sunny, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. North wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday A chance of snow before 1pm, then a chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow, mainly after 7pm. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
2. It's Happening Today: Are you Internet challenged? When people talk about a funny Tweet do you think they've taken up bird-watching. Perhaps you should stop by the Tewksbury Library today at 2 p.m. for Technology Training: Facebook 101. Learn the basics of Facebook in this hands-on workshop for beginners. Each participant will leave the class having set-up their very own Facebook account while developing an appreciation for the ways in which this popular social network can be useful in their everyday life! Participants should come to class with their email address written down on a piece of paper. Limited to 10 seats. Call 978-640-4490 x 205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "If this was a priority for the town manager the money would be found, or the available money would be used to keep the station open. I agree with the firefighters and as a resident of south Tewksbury I want it open no matter what. The town manager does not live in Tewksbury and he is making a safety decision for US. Playing roulette with our property so he can build his account. I appreciate he is being fiscally savvy but not at this expense. Pay for the fire department Mr. Montouri it is for the good of the town." Reader Dave, commenting on the story, "Under Proposed Budget, South Fire Station Would Be Closed Six Months."
4. It's Also Happening Today: the Board of Health is scheduled to meet today at 7 p.m. in Town Hall. Click here to see the complete agenda for the meeting.
5. And Another Thing: It's been a strong winter season for Tewksbury High sports. Both the boys and girls basketball teams are headed for the State Tournament and the boys hockey team has to be considered a contender for another Division 2 State Title. But a special congratulations goes out to the girls hockey team for posting an 8-7-3 regular season record and qualifying for the State Tournament in their very first season as a varsity program! Way to go girls!!