5 Things You Need To Know Today, Thursday, Feb. 28
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person stuck in traffic.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your Thursday started with a smile and to help make you the smartest person in school.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will feature rain and snow showers likely, becoming all rain after 8am. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 47. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Night Rain showers likely before 10pm, then snow showers likely. Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 32. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday A chance of snow showers before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 43. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow showers before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around 23.
2. It's Happening Today: Are you looking for some intellectual stimulation this morning? Then you will want to stop by the Tewksbury Public Library at 10:30 a.m. for Great Decisions Discussion Group: The Future of the Euro.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "Best Italian food in Tewksbury, hands down! Happy to have such a great place and business owner in Tewksbury!" Reader Concernedshopper, commenting on the story, "Angelina's Italian Ristorante Granted Entertainment License."
4. It's Also Happening Today: The Public Health Museum Exhibits are open today at Tewksbury Hospital, 365 East St. If you haven't had the chance to check out the museum it is well worth the visit. And admission is just $5. The Public Health Museum, located in the Old Administration Building of the Tewksbury Hospital, is a non-profit educational and cultural museum dedicated to preserving artifacts and records of our nation's history in public health. Exhibits include: pioneering public health, campaign against tuberculosis, history of public health hospitals, patent medicine, the Philip Johnston exhibit, the William Hinton exhibit, the evolution of dental public health, and polio. The museum is open on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., or by appointment.
5. And Another Thing: The commute promises to be messy and slow the next couple of days. Don't be caught unaware. Click here and check out the latest traffic conditions due to accidents, construction or just backups, updated every 5 minutes on the Tewksbury Patch Commute Page.