5 Things You Need To Know Today, Thursday, Jan. 31
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your Thursday off on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person stuck in rush-hour traffic on I-93.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will feature showers, mainly before 11am. Patchy fog between 10am and 1pm. Temperature falling to around 44 by 4pm. Windy, with a west wind 20 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 35. West wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Southwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "God Rest his soul....Now he is with his John who was never lost in his heart." Reader Kathleen Brothers, commenting on the story, "William McCabe, Father of Murder Victim Johnny McCabe, Passes Away."
3. It's Happening Today: Free Zentangle Basics Workshop at the Tewksbury Public Library at 7 p.m. What in the world is Zentangle? I'm so glad you asked!! Attend a free 'Zentangle Basics' class with Certified Zentangle Teacher Emily Classon. Discover you inner artist with the Zentangle method of creating artwork through repetitive patterns! This creative, inspiring, and relaxing practice only takes minutes to do and few materials. Zentangle is great for people on-the-go, moms, or anyone looking for a few minutes to themselves. If you can write your name, you can create art with Zentangle! Learn more about the instructor - and Zentangle - here: http://momzenartist.blogspot.com/. Limited to 25 seats. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Call 978-640-4490 x 205 or email email@example.com to register.
4. By The Numbers: 128 -- That's the numbers of pairs of jeans that were collected by Tewksbury High students last year as part of the Teens for Jeans program. The nationwide effort collects jeans for distribution at homeless shelters across the country. This year, TMHS students are hoping to collect 200 pair! Click here to find out how you can help!
5. It's Happening Today, The Sequel: The Board of Selectmen meets tonight in special session at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. This meeting is specifically for the presentation of the Fiscal Year 2014 Budget proposal by Town Manager Richard Montuori.