5 Things You Need To Know Today. Thursday, March 14
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person on the team.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your Thursday off to a flying started and to help make you the smartest person at the watercooler.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be partly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind 7 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Saturday A chance of snow, mainly after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "up to 12? odd to me .... booo hissss - a FRANCHISE to care for our children? my family with stick with local providers .... we have many, we have the best! ...." Reader Brenda Bousquet McCarthy, commenting on the story, "What Is Being Built Next To Kyoto Steak House?"
3. Did You Know? Newly elected Pope Francis lived in a one-room apartment and regularly took the bus to work while serving as Archbishop of Buenos Aires. Learn more about the new Pope and local reaction to his election by clicking here.
4. It's Happening Today: It's Budget Season! And that means the Finance Committee takes center stage. The FinCom meets tonight at 7:15 p.m. in the Community Room at Police Headquarters. For a peek at the agenda, click here.
5. Quote of the Day: "I had been planning to take $675,000 out of Retained Earnings and borrow $600,000 (over 10 years). But now I can take the whole thing out of Retained Earnings. That will save us about $130,000 in interest." Town Manager Richard Montuori, discussing the payments for the engineering and design for the needed upgrades to the Water Filtration Plant.