5 Things You Need To Know Today, Thursday, March 7
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in the grocery store.
Here are 5 pieces of information to get your Thursday going in the right direction and to help make you the smartest person in your bridge club.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today there will be snow. High near 34. Breezy, with a north wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Night Snow. Low around 28. North wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Friday Snow likely, mainly before 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 37. North wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow showers, mainly between 9pm and 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. North wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "The real kicker of all this is she will walk on a sweet probation deal as long as she hasnt got a horrendous record... if she has a history of legal troubles, shame of the hospice for not doing through back-ground checks. to put someone of questionable "moral fiber" in the position of caregiver to such vulnerable people is SO wrong ... hospice workers i have delt with are some of the nicest, compassionate folks.. this scumbag dont deserve to to be mentioned in the same paragraph as those heros .... very disturbing ... :(" Reader T-Bone, commenting on the story, "Hospice Worker Accused Of Stealing From Dying Patient's Home."
4. Quote of the Day: "Matt Ferreira is most deserving of this honor and we’re thrilled that his name was drawn." Tewksbury Youth Librarian Noelle Boc, after Matt Ferreira's name was selected to win an autographed Brad Marchand hockey puck, as part of a statewide summer reading program.
5. It's Happening Today, The Sequel: Tewksbury Youth Baseball Umpire Training. Each year Tewksbury Youth Baseball (TYB) trains a crew of 11-17 year old boys and girls to umpire in their Minor League Divisions. Before you can qualify to be an umpire you must attend two training sessions and pass a test, the two sessions are currently scheduled for Thursday March 7 and Thursday March 14 from 6:30-8:30 at the Baseball Building on East Street. Tewksbury Youth Baseball supplies the uniform and equipment. TYB is always looking for new umpires. If your son or daughter is interested in umpiring this season contact TYB Umpire in Chief John Froio at firstname.lastname@example.org.