5 Things You Need To Know Today: Thursday, May 10
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at the coffee shop.
Here are five pieces of information designed to start your Thursday in the fast lane and to help make you the smartest person thinking about all of the quality time with your family you can spend this summer now that the Red Sox have shown they won't be participating in the pennant race.
1. Your Local 3-day Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will see howers, mainly before 2pm. Patchy fog before 10am. High near 68. Northwest wind between 6 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. West wind around 9 mph.
Friday: Scattered showers, mainly after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 67. Northwest wind between 10 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Friday Night: Scattered showers, mainly before 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. West wind between 5 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 76. West wind between 6 and 11 mph.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52.
2. Quote of the Day: "That's a great save. That's a quick jump to a building lost right there." Tewksbury Fire Chief Mike Hazel, commenting on his firefihters' efforts to save a duplex on Livingston Street from a fire that destroyed an adjacent barn.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "The SACC did a great job putting together ARTICLE 1. Selectman Wilson was very good at explaining the reasons , why this would be best for our town. However this elimination of all the registered voters to vote on specific articles after many years of working successfully worries me as the the real reason at this time there is a push for this action. especially when it is well known , that it is not wanted. If these elected officials bring this up again , in the next few years they will not get my vote." Reader J Cat, commenting on the story, "Voters Soundly Defeat Proposed Charter Changes."
4. It's Happening Today: There is a very special Rotary Club Meeting Luncheon today at 12:15 p.m. at the Tewksbury Country Club. The Rotary Club will be honoring the Top 10 students from the Tewksbury High Class of 2012, including the co-Valedictorians.
5. It's Also Happening Today: The boys lacrosse team is in action today. The Redmen will be taking on Central Catholic at 4 p.m. at the Wynn School.
And Don't Forget: You still have time to vote in this week's Bst of Patch Poll. We want to know the best Staycation day trip destination (other than the beach) for you and your family this summer.