5 Things You Need to Know Today: Thursday, May 31
Bits of knowledge to help you be the smartest person at the coffee shop.
Here are five pieces of information designed to start your Thursday off in high gear and to help make you the smartest person at the club.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 78. North wind between 5 and 9 mph. Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 54. North wind between 3 and 5 mph.
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. East wind between 5 and 9 mph.
Friday Night: A chance of showers, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. East wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 7am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Cloudy, with a high near 68. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday Night: A chance of showers before 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
2. Comcast Newsletter Delivery Issues: Do you have a Comcast e-mail account and have you had some trouble this week getting your Patch daily newsletter delivered? You're not alone. Please contact email@example.com and they can help you with a temporary fix until the bigger issue is solved.
3. Quote of the Day: “I laugh when the kids come up to the truck for more syrup on their ice. They try to sneak up thinking it’s ‘against the rules’ but, reality is, I love seeing them enjoy it.” Tom Porzio, explaining one of the joys that comes with his new career owning a Kona Ice franchise.
4. Softball Tournament Schedule Change: The MIAA (bless their hearts) took a second look at their Division 2 North Softball tournament brackets and made a change which greatly impacted Tewksbury. The Redmen were dropped from the No.12 seed to No. 13, with Arlington Catholic moving into No. 12. What this means is that today, instead of travelling to Amesbury for their first round game, the Redmen will be on the road to take on Danvers at 4 p.m.
5. And Speaking of Tournaments: The Tewksbury High baseball team is at home today for a first-round game in the Division 2 North Tournament. The Redmen will play host to Wayland at 4 p.m. at Strong Field.