5 Things You Need to Know Today: Thursday, Nov. 1
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in the donut shop.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Thursday started on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person in the express aisle at Market Basket.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Cloudy, with a low around 40. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. West wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Saturday A slight chance of showers before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I am so sick that this is my Son doing this. We did not raise him like this. I am so sorry to everyone. He even sold his little Brothers XBOX/Kinect Something that I cannot Afford to Buy Again,,I saved up money for it for Last Christmas.It just Breaks Our Hearts that he would not only do this to his family but to our neighbors." reader Kathleen Medugno, commenting in the story, "Tewksbury Man Charged With String of Burglaries."
4. Quote of the Day: “We are already there. We are progressing ahead of schedule.” National Grid President Marcy Reed, talking about the progress workers have made in restoring power after Hurricane Sandy.
5. It's Happening Today, Part 2: Treats For Troops Collection. OK, so you know you've got a ton of leftover candy. If you eat it all the only two people happy will be your dentist and your cardiologist because you'll be putting their kids through college. Better, much better, would be to stop by Tewksbury Town Hall and drop off that candy in the "Treats for Troops" collection bin. Those goodies will be sent to brave men and women serving in the armed services overseas.