5 Things You Need To Know Today, Thursday, Nov. 29
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person who still has to go to work today because you did NOT win Powerball.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Thursday off on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person in the cafeteria.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Light west wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph becoming northwest after midnight.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around 33.
2. By The Numbers: 5-23-16-22-29. The Powerball is 6. Those are the winning numbers in Wednesday night's Powerball drawing. Did you win or are you headed back to work today?
3. Quote of the Day: "About three months ago I decided there must be a reason I'm still around. I wanted to get involved. I'm one of the lucky ones." Susan Appleby, cancer survivor, who successfully lobbied the state to declare November "Lung Cancer Awareness Month."
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "Is there anything on Earth more self-righteous than a vegan?" Reader Dirk Anderson, commenting on the blog post, "Dead Animals."
5. It's Happening Today: An Evening with Hank Phillippi Ryan at the Tewksbury Public Library, from 7 to 9 p.m.. Come hear NBC News Reporter Hank Phillippi Ryan discuss her career in investigative reporting and her best-selling, award-winning mystery novels, including her latest - "The Other Woman.” Hank promises to have the scoop on "mysteries, television, and the mystery of television!" Signed copies of Hank's books will be available for purchase after the event.