5 Things You Need to Know Today: Thursday, Oct. 18
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at your breakfast table.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get you off the bench and into the game today and to help make you the smartest person in the cafeteria.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 62. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 52. East wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. High near 62. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 56. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 7am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 7am and 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 46.
2. Quote of the Day: "100 percent of the funds collected for the sale of Dog Licenses goes directly to the Town. I do not receive any stipend." Town Clerk Denise Graffeo, responding to a question from a reader, as part of "You Ask, Patch Answers."
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "Torn on this. While I think they have turned a blind eye and I'm betting our property values would go up if the Caswell disappeared, I think it's an overreach to take the place for what now amounts to ONE drug arrest/year." Reader Dirk Anderson, commenting on the story, "Feds Case Against Motel Caswell Dealt a Setback."
4. It's Happening Today: Tuneful Toddlers: Adaptive stories and songs! Another Terrific program offered by the Tewksbury Library. Starts at 10:30 a.m. For ages 2 to 5. This story time is for children of ALL ABILITIES, but is encouraged for children with special needs. Ruth Canonico will use simple stories and rhymes, clapping and circle singing games and instruments adapted for use with both typical and children with any kind of disability. Older or younger siblings are always welcome, with or without needs.
5. It's Also Happening Today: The first Hats Off awards of the school year will be awarded today when the Rotary Club meets for their weekly luncheon at the Tewksbury Country Club at 12:15. Hats Off awards go to Tewksbury High Seniors for all-around excellence.
And Don't Forget: Don't go shopping!!! Well, at least until you print out the coupons and specials from local stores like Hannaford's, CVS and many others on the Tewksbury Patch Grocery Specials Page. Click here to to check it out and see how much you can save on your next trip to the store.