5 Things You Need to Know Today: Thursday, Oct. 25
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in school.
Here are five pieces of information designed to make sure your Thursday doesn't seem like a Monday and to help make you the smartest person hoping Sandy doesn't pay a visit next week.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 47. Light and variable wind.
- Saturday A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 48.
2. Reader Comment of The Day: "The Dems will tell you (on the phone, via polls etc.) that they love their candidates, (Warren, Obama, etc.) but in reality, are too lazy too actually leave the house and go to the polls and vote.,...and afterward they will moan when they lose.....because that's what they do...." Reader Rich, commenting on the story, "Warren Up in Polls, Herald Endorses Brown: Who's Winning?"
3. It's Happening Today: Tewksbury Youth Soccer Trivia Night! So, you think you know it all? Or at least combined with some of your friends you know it all? TYSL is hosting a Trivia Night at the Tewksbury Country Club on Thursday, October 25th featuring music by D.J. Revival! Tables are $100.00 and can fit up to 10 guests. Doors will open at 7, trivia will start @ 7:30. There will be 3-4 rounds of questions with the losing teams putting in a dollar per person after each round with the winning team taking ALL after the final round. (so be sure to have ones!) We will have raffle tickets for sale with the raffle winners being chosen during the intermission. Non perishable items only are welcomed per TCC. There will be alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for purchase.To reserve your table, please contact Nicole Fields @firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Did You Know?: There are exactly 60 shopping days left until Christmas. It's true. And if that isn't a reason to head to the mall I dont know what is.
5. It's Happening Today, Part 2: Tewksbury High Boys Soccer vs. Billerica. The Redmen are at home this afternoon to take on the Indians.Game time is 3:45 p.m. at the Wynn Middle School Field.