5 Things You Need to Know Today: Thursday, Oct. 4
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your office.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Thursday off to a tremendous start and to help make you the smartest person in the chem lab.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast. According the NWS, today we will see showers, mainly after 1pm. Areas of fog before 7am, then Areas of fog after 8am. High near 67. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Showers, mainly before midnight. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 52. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A slight chance of showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "It looked like Obama was the rag that wiped the floor. No teleprompter. No media spin. Just Barack, alone, in front of 50 million Americans. What a total bummer." reader Steevo, commenting on the article, "Massachusetts Reacts Live to the Romney-Obama Debate."
3. Quote of the Day: "This is not the normal way (an article) would be written but it's what the state wanted." Town Manager Richard Montuori, talking about an article on the Special Town Meeting warrant to fund payment for a new turf athletic field.