5 Things You Need To Know Today, Tuesday, Dec. 18
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get Tuesday off on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person at your breakfast table.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will; see showers. Areas of fog. High near 47. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Rain showers before 4am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Areas of fog before 9pm. Low around 33. West wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday A chance of rain and snow showers before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of snow showers before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Northwest wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Thursday Night Rain, mainly after midnight. Low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "What?? The 20% increase last year wasn't enough?! And what have we got to show for it? Crappy roads that damage your car. I'm house hunting and would love to stay in Tewksbury, but the taxes are killing me and pricing me out of town." Reader Becca Bell, commenting on the story, "Tewksbury Schedules Tax Classification Hearing For Dec. 18."
3. It's Happening Tonight: A Blood Drive sponsored by American Red Cross will take place today at the Holiday Inn in North Tewksbury, starting at Noon. Stop by, give a pint and save a life.
4. Blog Post You Should Definitely Read: The blog is called "What is 605.2 miles? and you should definiterly check it out. The author, Matt Parr is training for his first Boston Marathon. He is running on behalf of the Liver Foundation. Matt is journaling the ups and downs of training in his blog.
5. It's Also Happening Tonight: There is no theatrical production better equipped to get you in the Christmas Spirit than the story of "A Chrismas Carol." The Christmas season comes alive with Delvena Theatre Company's production of the beloved story of "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. A dramatic reading of "A Christmas Carol," complete with period costumes, features a narrator and two actors with more than 60 years experience among them. Watch in fascination as Marley comes back from the dead to help Scrooge amend his miserly ways here on earth and transform himself into a pleasant, giving old gentleman. With the help of three ghosts - the Ghost of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present and the Ghost of Christmas Future - the audience will be mesmerized as old Scrooge takes a long look at his life and reevaluates its path. Classic Christmas music puts the finishing touch on this wonderful message of hope and love - so fitting for the Christmas season!