5 Things You Need To Know Today, Tuesday, Feb. 19
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at work.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to make your Tuesday the best day of your week and to help make you the smartest person in line at the supermarket checkout.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today we are likely to see showers likely, mainly after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 47. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Rain and snow showers before 2am, then a slight chance of snow showers. Low around 30. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. West wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Breezy.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I have spent the past 3 months every weekend at wrestling tournaments and I dare any other sports athletes to hop on the mat and square off against even a middle school wrestler and we will see who the real athletes are. Now it seems that the IOC will be attempting to remove wrestling as an olympic sport. Because we know rhythmic gymnastics, the trampoline, Beach Vollyball and equestrian dressage are so very important." reader Andrew Giannino, commenting on the story, "Teams Throughout Region Crack Top 25 Lists."
3. It's Happening Today: It's time for the latest edition of the border war!! Tewksbury High visits Wilmington High tonight in boys basketball action. Game time is 7 p.m. Meanwhile, the Tewksbury/Methuen girls hockey team hosts Concord-Carlisle at Methuen High at 2:15 p.m. The Red Rangers need a win or a tie to reach the State Tournament.
5. And Another Thing: Are you interested in protecting your pets? You might want to attend this seminar on Feb. 28 in Tewksbury on protecting your pets in case of an emergency. Click here for more information.