5 Things You Need To Know Today, Tuesday, Feb. 5
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at the water cooler.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your Tuesday off on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person in line at the supermarket.
1. Your Local 3-day Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be partly sunny, with a high near 29. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight A chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow before 10am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm.
- Thursday Night A chance of snow, mainly after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I myself is a dog owner and I can fully feel for the people that lost their dog. Any animal you have in your household becomes a member of your family. My heart goes out to the owners. If my dog took off, I know, I wouldn't be able to sleep until she was found. As I sit here on my couch in my living room, my dog is laying next to me. I hope Snappy's owners have him back in their home real soon. As for Dan, you are a heartless person. Keep your mean comments to yourself!" Reader Mary, commenting on the story, "Roving Weimaraner 'Snappy' Still at Large."
3. It's Happening Today: the Tewksbury High girls basketball team will try to continue a late-season push to the playoffs when they play host to Chelmsford High tonight. Game time is 7 p.m. atthe TMHS gym.
4. Quote of the Day: "Thank you all, I'm very touched coming back here. Although it's not the same building I worked in. I don't know what's wrong with you wusses. You don't like asbestos?" Sec. of State John Kerry, while visiting the (newer) officer of the Middlesex County District Attorney.
5. It's Happening Today, The Sequel: Author Visit: Half An Hour A Day Across Massachusetts with John Galluzzo at the Tewksbury Public Library. Meet author John Galluzzo as he discusses his new book -- Half An Hour A Day Across Massachusetts, documenting his experience of taking a walk in each of the state's 351 cities and towns in one year. Learn more about the book and author here: http://www.amazon.com/Half-Hour-Day-Across-Massachusetts/dp/1478372540. Book signing after the talk. Limited to 100 seats. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Call 978-640-4490 x 205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.