5 Things You Need To Know Today, Tuesday, Jan. 22
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at your breakfast table.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your Tuesday off to a flying start and to help make you the smartest person caught in rush-hour traffic on I-93.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today snow is likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -5. West wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -8. West wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Great article, Don. I know it is tough for some veterans to discuss wartime, but your approach to opening the conversation will be very helpful for many. I have known, and even lived with veterans in my life and consider those individuals to be heroes. If an alteration in our attitudes toward heroes and successful people shift, our society will be better off because of it. Many (not all) war protesters DO come off as being anti-troops and veterans. The expression "being rich" sounds like an insult today. And our society focuses on tragedy and travesty far more than it does achievement and inspiration." Reader Steve Crane, commenting on the Blog Entry, "It's Time for Heroes of the Past to Share Their Stories."
3. It's Happening Today: The 1st Degree Murder Trial of Michael Ferreira continues today in Middlesex Superior Court in Woburn. Star prosecution witness Edward Alan Brown will return to the stand for further cross-examination and, quite likely, additional direct testimony. Click here for complete coverage of the trial.
4. It's Also Happening Today: The Tewksbury High boys basketball team has a tall order tonight when they play host to Lowell High, currently ranked No. 10 in the state according to ESPN Boston. Tap-off is set for 7 p.m. in the TMHS gym.