5 Things You Need to Know Today: Tuesday, July 10
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person caught in rush-hour traffic.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Tuesday started with a cloud of dust and a hearty "Hi-Ho Silver!" and to help make you the smartest person in the cafeteria.
1. Your Local 3-Day Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 57. Light southwest wind.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 59. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 61.
2. Quote of the Day: "There was a specific event which confirmed my call. The pastor was talking about Jonah not wanting to preach to the Ninevites, and he fled. During that sermon, I had a revelation that God wanted me to serve as an ordained minister, and that I had been fleeing from the call for years." The Rev. Deborah Shipp, the new Pastor of the Tewksbury United Methodist Church, on her call to the ministry.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "I have SOO much recycle why can't we pickup every week?" Reader Tom Talbot, commenting on the story, "New Town of Tewksbury Recycling Schedule."
4. It's Happening Today: State Rep. Jim Miceli, D-Wilmington, Office Hours in Tewksbury. The state rep. will be at the Tewksbury Senior Center from 9:30 to 11 a.m. and at the Tewksbury Public Library from 6 to 8 p.m.