5 Things You Need To Know Today. Tuesday, March 12
Bits of Knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
Here are 5 pieces of information to get your Tuesday started on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person in the coffee shop.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today showers are likely, mainly after 3pm. Patchy fog after 8am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 54. South wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Showers, mainly before 1am. Patchy fog. Low around 40. Southeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. West wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Kelly should have mentioned she was a Division 1 scholarship athlete and team captain. Every Tewksbury athlete that is serious about their sport should be involved w/ her training classes there. She trains my husband in her boot camp classes and he's thrilled w/ the results. I'm glad to see this article here…PTC is a hidden gem, for sure." Reader Kerry Slattery, commenting on the story, "Tewksbury Business Profile: Performance Training Center."
3. It's Happening Today: The Papal Conclave (the official gathering of Catholic Cardinals to choose a new Pope) begins today in the Vatican. There is a lot of chatter that Cardinal Sean O'Malley, leader of the Boston Archdiocese could be among the favorites to be made the new leader of the Catholic Church. There has never been an American Pope.
4. It's Also Happening Today: The Board of Selectmen meets tonight at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. Click here for a look at the agenda.
5. And Another Thing: The Tewksbury Public Library and the Tewksbury Cultural Council have joined together to bring singing star RUTH HARCOVITZ to Tewksbury for a special show in celebration of Irish Heritage Month, when we are all “honorary Irish.” The performance will take place at the Tewksbury Public Library on St. Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17, 2012, at 2 PM.