5 Things You Need To Know Today, Tuesday, Nov. 27
Bits of knowledge to help make you the rowdiest Redman in Reading tonight.
Here are five pieces of information designed to make your Tuesday just a little bit brighter and to help make you the smartest person planning to quit work Thursday after you win Powerball Wednesday night.
1. Your Local 3-Day Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there will be a slight chance of snow after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 41. North wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
2. It's Happening Tonight: The Tewksbury High football team (7-4) is in Reading tonight to take on the Reading High Rockets (11-0) in a Division 2 Eastern Mass. semifinal. The winner advances to the Division 2 Super Bowl on Saturday. Game time is 7:45 p.m.
3. It's Also Happening Tonight: The Board of Selectmen is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m. Topping the agenda is the start of the annual review process for Town Manager Richard Montuori. The last two years, Montuori has been given an exceptional review by the selectmen but has declined to take a raise because town employees had not been given raises.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "Great....spotted down the street from my kids daycare :/ I hope they catch these scumbags sooner rather than later!!" Reader Chris, commenting on the story, "Couple Wanted For Child Abuse May Have Been Spotted In Lowell."
5. By The Numbers: $425 million -- That is the record-setting jackpot up for grabs in the Powerball drawing Wednesday night.
And Don't Forget: You can get Tewksbury Patch headlines in your email inbox every morning by signing up for the daily newsletter. It just takes a few seconds. Click here to sign up!